Monday, November 16, 2009

Wow, I haven't written in a while...so here goes! It's just gonna be a quick one, but Brittany I hope this will make up for me not calling you yet!

God has been doing incredible things in my life the past few days, man oh man. So Thursday night I went to Living Waters, a group that meets to pray, worship, seek the face of God, and bless each other through the different gifts God has given each of us. It is such an incredible movement that God has started. So Thursday we worshipped for a while, which was really good.

Oh, and sidenote - I realized right after I got in the prayer chapel and went up right by the front that I had to pee. Grrrreat. So I kept figuring out when I could leave and cause the least amount of distraction, and finally decided to ask God to take away my need to go to the bathroom. I didn't realize until a few hours later that I totally forgot I had to go to the bathroom! Thanks Lord for the little things. :)

Anyways, so we worshipped, received a teaching from Dr. Heth on prophecy and how it's presented in Scripture, and then we prophesied over one of the girls that came. At the end when we were about to finish up sharing what God had to say, I heard the Lord say, "Stand up and declare my glory." After I heard him I was kind of confused and was like, "God, you want me to just stand up and say something about how glorious you are? Are you sure? Please clarify what it is you are saying to me." Less than 5 minutes later, and probably more like 2, Stephen goes, "Kristin, why don't you pray for Megan to close." So I was like, "Alright Lord, thanks for the clarification!" Love when he does stuff like that.

Later that night my friend Angela who is an incredible servant and lover of the Lord prayed with me. It was really encouraging. She prayed about things that I was struggling with then and she prayed for healing for my back. Then my friend Lauren came over and prayed with us, and the few times God has brought the three of us together it has been really powerful, so that was awesome! After I left the OPC I was talking with my friend Carolyn on the phone and through our conversation God revealed to me that I still had walls up to him. The next morning I was reading John 14:13-14 and Jesus says twice that "I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may glorify the Father." I felt the Lord telling me to trust his faithfulness in that and encouraging me to ask him for something. I asked him to reveal and remove whatever wall was up between me and him.

After chapel that day (which was about perfectionism, doing, and rest) I felt God calling me to stay and talk with him. The next few minutes he revealed to me what the root of my perfectionism was and he brought my friend Lauren to pray through it with me. It was a powerful time of God ripping out roots that were not of him and replacing them with his truth. He kept revealing to me how constant he is, and unchanging and faithful he is for eternity. It was so awesome to see God answer my request so quickly.

Then Friday night I got to hang out with a friend and spent good time praying with her. Then Saturday night I went to the prayer chapel with a few of my friends and worshipped God and spent time in his presence. It was incredible.

Then this morning I got to meet with two of my good friends at the prayer chapel and we read through Luke 22:39-46 and meditated on different verses. Again, God reminded me of how constant he is and how I need to surrender my will, which is inconsistent, in exchange for his.

The past few days have been so encouraging and have been filled with great times with people and learning to rest in God's consistency.

God is so good!

Sorry this is so long. I said it would be short....but it's not. :)

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment