Monday, June 15, 2009

Welcome Back!

Okay, so I wrote on this a long time ago and I'm finally writing again! Things at Vanguard have been awesome so far! It has been exhausting and trying, but so good and full of sooooo many blessings too! The family I have been living with is AWESOME, and they are finally back from Puerto Rico today!! They've been gone for two weeks so it's just been me and Roxanne hanging out. Which has been so great! God has blessed me so much through my relationship with Roxanne. We clicked from the first day I was here and it has been awesome ever since. It has been so good to have her as encouragement, someone to listen to me, someone to pray with, someone to do ministry with and someone to have fun with! I cannot wait to see what God will do through our relationship this summer! And now that the whole family is home I'm super pumped to get to know them more!

Things have been great in the ministry aspect of things too. I learn something from Alan every time he opens his mouth, which is both overwhelming and awesome at the same time. Andy and I have been getting along pretty well too, considering Zach isn't here to even us out. Zach is in Nicaragua for 2 weeks and will be getting back Sunday, so we miss him too! Andy and I have been working well together and have fun too, so that's been great. I LOVE the students at Vanguard and getting to know them more. I can't believe how much I've learned about them in the short time I'm here, so it'll be sweet to see what God does through those relationships.

One of my favorite parts of my week is when we talk through "In the Name of Jesus" and when we meet with people from other ministries. This morning we talked through the book and it was so good. Alan has questions that go along with the reading and they are really challenging and have helped to give me great insight into myself. I would love to write more about that but I have to run off to Palmer Park to have some Godtime so I can get home to see the Gonzalez family since they're finally back! Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. i'm so glad to hear that things are going well in the springs and with your family there! and you found palmer park--i love that place :)

    ReplyDelete